Who owns the Augusta National Golf Course?
If you are a golf lover, then you may hear about the Augusta National Golf Course. This is an exclusive and expensive golf course in the world and located in Augusta, Georgia, United States. And This famous golf club is owned by Augusta National Inc. Here are the short details about this course.
Chairman: Fred Ridley
Owner: Augusta National Inc.
Total holes: 18
Location: Augusta, Georgia, U.S.
|Tournaments hosted||Masters Tournament|
PGA Seniors’ Championship
Augusta National Women’s Amateur
Augusta National Golf Course’s Holes
From the very beginning, here 18 holes in total. Before it was established, it was a plant nursery and all holes named with tree or shrub. Those names are given below.
|2||Pink Dogwood||575||White Dogwood||505|
|3||Flowering Peach||350||Golden Bell||155|
|4||Flowering Crab Apple||240||Azalea||510|
How to Get Membership in Augusta National Golf Club
There is no application process to join this course. The only invitation is a valid process to join here. The membership fees between $10,000-$30,000 annually. Right now, 300 members, who can invite anyone after that they can join this club.
- Bill Gates – Co-founder and chairman of Microsoft
- Warren Buffett – CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
- Lou Gerstner – former IBM executive
- Sam Palmisano – former CEO of IBM
- Hugh L. McColl Jr. – former CEO of Bank of America
- Pat Haden – former NFL player and former athletic director at the University of Southern California
- Lou Holtz – former college football coach
- Pete Coors – former chairman and CEO of Coors Brewing Company
- Darla Moore – South Carolina businesswoman
- Roger Goodell – commissioner of the National Football League
- Sam Nunn – former United States Senator from Georgia
- Jack Nicklaus – Hall of Fame golfer, six-time Masters Golf Champion